How can I get a job as a fresher?
What is important for you is to understand the kind of job you desire and dream of. It is not always the highest paying or the most popular job profiles that attract attention. The jobs in which you find yourself to be the best fit are in demand rather.
It is important to analyze what kind of a person you are, what your educational qualifications are and how you can find the best suitable job for yourself, considering your eligibility.
Understand the basic process of keeping yourself ready for the job as below:
1. Decide on what kind of a job you want:
This is the foremost thing that should be done. You can take help of professionals who can aid in knowing what kind of a job will suit you best. There are a variety of ways in which you can approach such professional teams. http://www.elysianinspires.com/ is one such trusted organization that can help you decide on what kind of a job you should look for considering your skill set and the innate capabilities.
2. Conduct a research on various organizations or industries of your interest:
Before heading with any kind of application you need to have complete know-how as to which industry will offer your preferred job profiles and which are the ones you should approach.
It is a very important part of the application process as it gives the first impression of the candidate. As, it is rightly said, “Your first impression is the last impression.” Your resume should be keenly drafted highlighting all the significant points like your education qualification, your major skills, any projects or training undertaken, your correspondence and permanent contact details, etc.
4. Look for available job vacancies:
Now is the time to look for the suitable job options available for you. Make a list of all the job postings that you come across and are of your interest. Try and contact the recruiter or anyone who can guide you with the recruitment process of those particular organizations. This will help you in approaching them through the appropriate system.
5. Write a cover letter:
While applying to a position your resume should be accompanied by a cover letter. It is advisable to write a customized cover letter every time you apply for a different job profile. It should be specific to the organization and the job opening. Also, you should preferably address it to the concerned contact person in the organization.
6. Send-in the application:
Apply to all the short-listed job vacancies with your cover letter and resume through proper channel of recruitment. Do not forget to take receiving confirmation from the employer or the medium, as you should be sure of your application reaching the concerned team.
7. Follow-up for status:
Check for the duration the employer has requested for giving updates. In case you do not receive any information within the stipulated time, feel free to contact the concerned person to know the status of your application.
8. Keep a clean online presence:
These days recruiters may usually refer to your online profiles to check on your background and your social network. Therefore, it is advisable to keep your presence clean and professional.
1. Be prepared for the kind of process you might have to go through, for instance, aptitude tests, group discussions, personality checks, interviews, etc.
2. Dress yourself according to the profile that you are going to be interviewed for. Stick to industries’ professional standards.
3. Be very punctual in arriving to the location for participating in the hiring process.
4. Be enthusiastic and show your interest in the job. Do your homework by knowing the job and the organization well.
2. Off-Campus Drive: A few organizations hold an off-campus drive where they invite applications from eligible candidates and make them go through their evaluation process. This can also be a good opportunity, but the chances of hiring are generally slimmer.
3. Recruitment Consultants: There are many recruitment consultants functioning in India to help eligible candidates in getting their desired job. They play a very important role in helping you seek a job at fresher level. HR Inc Consultants is one such recruitment firm which is a trusted and a reliable source of hiring for corporate.
4. Direct Application: A candidate can also apply directly to an organization by updating their profile in the career section of the company’s website, etc. This method is the least reliable and does not ensure a lot of conversion.
5. References: At certain times some references can help in getting you a good job. You need to build a good network of people who can put your profile forward and assist you in getting hired in their own organization or in some other organization.