Head-Engineering & Operations - Non IT Jobs
Best in Industry
We have a leading client who is hiring for Head of Engineering and Operations. The candidate as Head of Engineering position is responsible for providing leadership towards the achievement of Engineering and Plant Operations and Production goals and identify, select & build disciplined team as per international standard and drive them to continuously excel the performance. Establish division policies and procedures Foster a well-trained and motivated staff to ensure the implementation in line with the company vision and objectives.
Position : Permanent
Location : Chennai
Salary : Best in Industry
Job Title: Head - Engineering & Operations
Experience: 5+ Years
Salary: Best in Industry
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Engineer or related field
- Production engineering and operations experience at least 5 years (in the furniture industry)
- Experience in using Auto CAD program
- Ensure timely design of out standard / customized products with costing and Isometric drawings as per customer's inquiries, specifications, and expectations.
- Ensure the correctness of each Sales order’s Bill of Quantity (BOQ) before the order is being booked to the Planning team.
- Ensure product requirements are met with correct and effective shop floor drawings, including preparing the BOM, Routing, and Standard time in ERP for Planning to utilize.
- Analyze, Design and Develop the Indigenous products to meet local market requirements both in terms of specification and price.
- Analyze and implement the technical production solutions on engineering design problem to suit mass production
- Manage a Product Data as Document Controller to ensure the product data and document are effectively utilized by other operational teams.
- Timely analyze and approve the best immediate solutions for all Non-conformance, Defects, and Claims where it is related to the product issues.
- Co-analyze and approve the best long-term preventive solutions for all Non-conformance and Defect issues where it is related to the product issues.
- Ensure the readiness and completion of Jigs and Fixtures in the production line in line with the required productivity planning and in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
- Conduct employee performance reviews.
- Coordinate with Human Resources for appropriate staffing levels.
- Schedule and conduct team meetings.
- Ensure product quality excellence.
- Ensure effective communication with other Head of departments.
- Ensure a clean and safe work area.
- Create and implement KPI’s.
- Reporting directly to the SGM of the Operation and Manufacturing Business Unit.
- Responsible for product quality control for the plant, ensuring products to meet quality standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relationships and Roles:
- Ensures that all team members in the division meet or exceed all activity standards for Cross-functional dealings and effective communication.
- Delegate authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
- Sets examples for all team members in the division in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and work habits.
- Conducts regular coaching and counseling with all direct-report to build motivation and enthusiasm towards building growth for the company.
- Coordinate with the Head of Operation, Procurement, and Production Departments to ensure the timely and complete supply of information, documentation and smooth function of action in the system.
- Maintains contact with all suppliers/partners/ customers in the market area to ensure high levels of satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company members.