Power BI Developer - IT Jobs
5 - 8 Years
As per industry standards
One of our leading client is looking for a Power BI Developer. The Power BI resource will analyze, design and build all the reports for the business users from the new Risk DB Application.
Position : Permanent
Location : Chennai
Salary : As per industry standards
Job Title: Power BI Developer
Location : Chennai
Experience : 5 – 8 Years
Contract Period : 10 months with high probability of extension
Salary: As per industry standards
Scope of work
The Power BI resource will analyze, design and build all the reports for the business users from the new Risk DB Application. The person will ensure that he/ she works closely with the business users to document the reporting/ dash boarding requirements and create these reports. The incumbent will be expected to consistently produce high quality results that meet business and other stakeholder needs , while ensuring the analysis, design, and development of reports are based on requirements and desired functionality defined by the business and produces quality results that meet business objectives and timelines.
- Understand the existing system and the reporting requirements
- Create Reporting and Dash boarding requirements document and validate the same with the business and other stakeholders.
- Estimate the work involved and the schedule for designing, building, testing and deploying these new reports using Power BI.
- Work with the various stakeholders as part of the project and align well to the project objectives and timelines.
- Design the reports and dashboard requirements based on the data model of the application being built.
- Validate the design of the reports and dashboards with both the business users and other stakeholders including the development team.
- Architect and optimize environments with Power BI Suite following the best industry practices
- Install, configure, and manage Power BI Suite as required for the project.
- Conduct training sessions for teams as required.
- Create training material and other project documents as required for the project, as indicated by the client.
- Build the reports and dashboards and test the same for accuracy, correctness.
- Provide support to the testing team and other stakeholders who test the reports and dashboards (during different phases like System Testing, System Integration Testing, UAT etc.).
- Interact with business unit application owners to resolve performance and end-user issues
- Work closely with system administrators and database administrators to define the platform requirement, and to effect performance tuning and capacity planning
- Participate in security audits and compliance initiatives
- Participate in system, reports and dashboards design activities, as required.
- Provide support to testing, where required (UT, UAT, performance testing etc) and as per needs of the project.
- Work with the various team members to triage defects and retest the fixes and promote to higher environments.
- Ensure the quality of the work product (reports and dashboards) is of a high standard as required by client.
- Align well with the overall project timelines and accordingly step up and execute the work
- Document Standards and Guidelines as needed by project or as directed.
- Provide leadership and “best practices” experience for definition and implementation for reports and dashboards build.
- Report to client’s project lead
- Provide guidance and support to Project Manager for implementing the defined process
- Provide necessary training to team members
- Communicate with Business Analysts and Developers to understand/ clarify requirements
- Provide technical information for Change Requests meetings
- Participate in reporting requirement reviews and other team meetings
- Participate in production support and troubleshooting
- Identify, report, and manage defects in the work product (reporting engine) in defect tracking system
- Identify and communicate risks to Project team
Skills / Experience Required
The Business Intelligence resource will work under minimal supervision to analyze, design, build, Test and deploy the reports and dashboards as required by the stakeholders. The BI resource shall work closely both with the business users and application builds IT team. The person shall also work very closely with the other IT teams within the project and without, to meet the client’s internal standards and guidelines for the said application.
- Expert knowledge of Power BI platform.
- Knowledge of Azure Cloud platform.
- Very good experience in estimation techniques for reports build, analysis, design, build, test and deploy activities for reports/ dashboards.
- Good knowledge of various data model concepts and performance tuning of queries.
- Ability to use collaborative skills to work with application managers, database administrators, system administrators, and other stakeholders.
- Good listening and communication skills in order to surface issues related to the project
- Good understanding of technology environment, such as Azure, Azure SQL, MSSQL
General Skills / Abilities
- Should preferably be a MCSA – BI Reporting certified
- Strong process analysis skills and ability to suggest improvements for efficiency and effectiveness of solutions based on industry best practices
- Proven conceptual, analytical, and judgmental skills. Should have a positive attitude and Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate well with all stakeholders at all levels, technical as well as non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work directly with clients and management without supervision and to facilitate and navigate discussions with stakeholders to ensure clarity, prioritization, and consensus
- Leadership skills and ability to work well with diverse team members, often in multiple locations
- Ability to work with different points-of-view and lead the team to convergence, while always keeping the project objectives in sight
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills