Mortgage Underwriter - Non IT Jobs
Based on Experience
We have a leading client who is looking for Mortgage Underwriter for their organization. The candidate as Mortgage Underwriter is responsible for completing a thorough analysis of loan files to determine compliance with company, investor, and FHA/VA guidelines.
Position : Permanent
Location : Chennai
Salary : Based on Experience
Job Title: Mortgage Underwriter
Experience: 3+ years
Salary: Best in Industry
Education Qualification: Graduate
Mode of Interview: Face to face HR Round
JOB DESCRIPTION AND SPECIFICATION FOR MORTGAGE UNDERWRITER
- Completes a thorough analysis of loan files to determine compliance with company, investor, and FHA/VA guidelines.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of multiple loan product guidelines for quick and accurate answers
- Accurately calculate the borrower’s income and debt-to-income ratios.
- Analyzes credit, income, tax returns, assets, and appraisals; determine the borrower’s creditworthiness and ability to repay the loan as agreed for the terms requested
Mitigates bank risk by conducting a thorough and prudent review of each loan file; dispositions loans within bank-issued underwriting authority limit
- Evaluates the entire credit package and collateral for residential mortgage loans and ultimately ensures an “investment” quality loan product.
- Checks the accuracy of all calculations and data integrity. - Completion of all required underwriting worksheets
- Assists with the training of new underwriters. - Recommends the loan disposition to underwriting manager for loan amounts in excess of authority limitation.
- Maintains company standard for productivity level and complies with company policy of 48 hour underwriting turnaround time and 24 hour turnaround time for clearing conditions.
- Strives to meet 4 decisions/day within the allotted time - Communicates decision on loans to appropriate parties both verbally and in writing.
- Maintains underwriting activity logs and provides monthly underwriting report to underwriting manager.
- Available to processors and correspondents for general guideline interpretations and questions on specific loan files.
- Responds to post-closing reviews and audits in a timely fashion.
- Performs related duties, as directed by Underwriting or Operations Manager.
- Excellent Communication & Email Skills
- Basic mathematical knowledge; ability to add, subtract, divide and multiply.
- Knowledge of personal computers and applicable software. (Microsoft Office, Point, and Excel).
- 3+ years’ experience as an Underwriter in a similar model including multi-state experience.
- Experience with both refinance & purchase preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, and Government Loans guidelines.
- Strong aptitude for detail, accuracy, and organization
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with ease
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a high-volume environment
- 4 years of recent related mortgage experience
- Encompass loan origination system experience